The UIS Telecoms Office provides a variety of communications solutions for the University, Colleges and allied institutions. Ordering of services is usually via a local Telephone Liaison Officer (TLO). Services that we offer include:
- Desk phones. We use the Cisco CallManager phone system which supports a range of Cisco handsets ranging in price from £50 to £250. There is also a soft client which allows your computer or tablet to behave like an extension of the phone system, allowing you to use the University phone system from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection. We also support automated menus and advanced call queuing.
- Mobiles. We have arranged a corporate contract with O2 with tariffs ranging from 50p(+VAT) per month which includes free calls to/from the University phone system. We also have a feature called Single Number Reach that allows you to link your desk phone with your University mobile.
- Video Calling. In Summer 2016 we started supporting Cisco video endpoints on the phone system. You can make & receive video calls on a variety of devices, with both internal and external users.
- Conference Calls. We support both audio and video conference calls.
- Telephone Liaison Officers get access to our delegated administration tool which allows them to make basic changes to devices.
- Pagers. Even in the era of smart phones, we still support pagers, which typically have much better signal penetration compared to mobiles.
- End user portal. Our My.Phone website allows users to manage their UIS Telecoms services including their desk phone & voicemail.
- Help! We have a whole series of pages on how to use our services. If you can't find what you want on our website, Andy, Anne & Clare on our helpdesk will be happy to help you. Contact them via email@example.com or on x37070 (01223 337070 from outside the University)
If you have any questions that you are unable to find an answer to on these pages, please contact the Telecoms Helpdesk and we will be happy to help